1. Using Citycise
Citycise is a place to share creative ideas, get inspired and be part of our social initiatives. To make sure people feel safe and comfortable here, we require everyone to agree to and follow these rules.
People may have different opinions on what our rules should be, so we’ve included example Ideas by City Hunters (‘Ideas’) to help show where we draw the line with our policies. However, these things are rarely black and white—for each Idea we have to consider the image itself, as well as the surrounding context (like its description or the website it came from). We’ll do our best to consider the context and interpret the Idea objectively.
If you come across an Idea that seems to break these rules, you can report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will take a look and let you know if we remove it.
Stuff you can’t post
You aren’t allowed to post anything that:
- Is sexually explicit or pornographic, exploits or presents minors in a sexual way, or promotes adult sexual services
- Creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm
- Promotes self-harm, eating disorders or hard drug abuse
- Attacks, bullies or harasses nonpublic people
- Includes hate speech
- Is gratuitously violent or gory
- Infringes anyone’s intellectual property, privacy or other rights
- Is fraudulent or deceptive
- Is someone else’s personal information or requests a minor’s personal information
- Contains any information or content that’s illegal
- Represents a private person offering to trade or sell drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms or other hazardous materials
Things you can’t do
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Use Citycise’s name, logo, trademark or branding in a way that confuses people about your affiliation with Citycise
- Access, tamper with or use non-public areas of Citycise, our systems or our technical providers’ systems
- Break or circumvent our security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks
- Use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change Citycise or anything on it
- Share large amounts of unwanted or repetitive stuff, post unsolicited commercial messages in comments, descriptions, etc., or try to artificially boost views, Ideas, comments or other metrics. You also can’t use cloaking, off-domain redirects, or any other technical measures to do any of these, or to intentionally obscure a Idea’s final destination
- Use meta tags, hidden text or metadata with our trademark, logo, URL or product name without our written consent
- Use Citycise user information to forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use Citycise to send altered source-identifying information
- Try to reverse engineer any of Citycise’s software
- Try to interfere with any Citycise user, host or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing
- Collect or store personally identifiable information from Citycise or its users without their permission
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including Citycise
- Do anything that violates applicable law or regulations
- Share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk
- Sell your username or otherwise transfer it for compensation
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list
- Use Citycise’s products for commercial purposes
a. Who can use Citycise
You may use our Products only if you can form a binding contract with Citycise, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Citycise account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. If you open an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) “you” includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms and bind the entity to these Terms, and that you agree to these Terms on the entity’s behalf. Some of our Products may be software that is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically upgrade those Products, and these Terms will apply to such upgrades.
b. Our license to you
Subject to these Terms and our policies we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Products
2. Your Content
a. Posting content
Citycise allows you to post content, including photos, comments, links, and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on our Products is referred to as “User Content.” You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Citycise.
b. How Citycise and other users can use your content
You grant Citycise and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on Citycise solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using the Citycise Products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Citycise may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason; including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
c. How long we keep your content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from Citycise, we may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Citycise and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-pin, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared through Citycise.
d. Feedback you provide
We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can make Citycise more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Citycise does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Citycise, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
3. Copyright Policy
Citycise has adopted and implemented the Citycise Copyright Policy in accordance with any applicable copyright laws in each country.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, Citycise cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. We ask that you keep your password secure. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
5. Third-Party Links, Sites, and Services
Our Products may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Citycise. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from Citycise, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Citycise will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
Citycise may terminate or suspend this license at any time, with or without cause or notice to you. Upon termination, you continue to be bound by Sections 2 and 6-12 of these Terms.
The Products and all included content are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
CITYCISE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
Citycise takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or transmits using our Products. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
8. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CITYCISE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PRODUCTS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT.
For any dispute you have with Citycise, you agree to first contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If Citycise has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms by binding arbitration by the Spanish Rules. Unless you and Citycise agree otherwise, the arbitration will be conducted in Spain. Each party will be responsible for paying any filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with Spanish rules. Nothing in this Section shall prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property or unauthorized access to the Service. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND CITYCISE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
To the extent any claim, dispute or controversy regarding Citycise or our Products isn’t arbitrable under applicable laws or otherwise: you and Citycise both agree that any claim or dispute regarding Citycise will be resolved exclusively in accordance with Clause 10 of these Terms.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Spain and the Jurisdiction of Barcelona.
11. General Terms
Notification procedures and changes to these Terms. Citycise reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices electronically if we so choose. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you. By continuing to access or use the Products after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Products.
Assignment. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Citycise without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
No Waiver. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Citycise’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Parties. Citycise is a worldwide service based in Barcelona (Spain). Either if you live in Spain or outside Spain, these Terms are a contract between you and Citycise S.L. C/Girona 95 08009 Barcelona (Spain).